North Grafton, MA
“Moving From Vision to Reality”
Capital Campaign 2013 – 2016
In November 2013 St. Andrew’s launched a three-year Capital Campaign to make much-needed improvement to our facility. The focus of these improvements was health and safety.
Our goal was to raise a minimum of $ 150,000.
Through the generosity of many in our parish and beyond, we met our goal!
During the summer of 2014, we were able to complete all of the priority work listed below.
- Removal and replacement of gas boiler – with a matching grant of $ 10, ooo from the Diocese
- Repair to the outside front wall of parish hall, due to water damage – with a $ 1500 matching grant from the Diocese for installing energy-efficient windows
- Installation of a fire protection system in the church and parish hall
- Installation of new carpeting/flooring for parish hall (including abatement of underlying asbestos tiles)
- Renovation of restrooms allowing for handicapped accessibility
- Repainting of the entire office area and Parish Hall by a crew from Worcester CountyHouse of Corrections
All of these renovations have transformed our parish hall and office area into a safe, beautiful place for community gatherings, parish gatherings, and Christian Formation.
On November 1, 2014 the beautifully renovated Parish Hall was rededicated as Morrisson Hall in loving memory of Fay Morrisson, co-chair of the Capital Campaign, who died very unexpectedly in July 2014 while on vacation with her family. Without her vision and determination, the Capital Campaign would not have become a reality!
A 10% Tithe to the Community
As part of our commitment to give 10% of whatever we raised to the Greater Grafton Community we have given:
$ 2500 to The Grafton Food Bank for heating assistance
$ 2500 to Friends of Grafton Elders for heating assistance
$ 2500 to The Grafton Senior Center for improvements to their Senior Nutrition Program
We continue to look for community partners and programs that need financial assistance to improve the quality of life for our neighbors.
The Work Continues …
In early 2016 we began our final major capital project: renovation of the kitchen. Renovation will involve:
- New tile flooring and abatement of existing asbestos tiles
- Addition of new cabinets and painting of exiting cabinets
- New counter-tops and sink
- New appliances: Refrigerator, stove and dishwasher.
We expect the kitchen to be finished by April 2016.
Our final projects will include improvements and updates to our worship space …
stay tuned for details!
We are still GRATEFULLY accepting new and on-going contributions to the Capital Campaign
Thanks for your amazing and generous support!